SVMT 2019 will take place on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at De Anza College, Cupertino, CA.
- Option 1 - 8:30 to 12:00 p.m.
- Option 2 - 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Note: Number of spots are limited and requests for specific slots will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Individual Event - Speed Round (60 minutes)
- Individual Event - Accuracy Round (60 minutes)
- Team Event (30 minutes)
Registration closes on Monday, April 15th, 2019. You can register here.
- Space is limited. Registration will close earlier if no spots are available
- Acceptance is on a first-received, first registered basis. Please register all your teams as quickly as possible
- $20 per Individual if registered on or before March 15h
- $100 per Team if registered on or before March 15th
- $25 per Individual if registered after March 15th
- $125 per Team if registered after March 15th
If you registered but have not paid the registration fee, please pay using the PayPal button below.
If you have not yet registered, please fill out the registration form and pay using the PayPal button on the confirmation page of the form.
Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 18th 2019 from 5:00 - 8:00pm.
Invitations will be sent out to winners by first week of May.
Award Ceemony will take place on Saturday, May 18th, 2019 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at DeAnza Community College, Cupertino.
- All students will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Top 3 teams in each division will receive Amazon gift card as follows:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $300
- 3rd Place: $100
- Top 3 students in each grade will receive Amazon gift card as follows:
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100
- Top 10 students from each grade will receive trophies
- Top 5 teams from each Division will also be awarded with team trophy and medals for the team members
- A team may have students from different grades and different schools
- We encourage students to form teams on their own. However, we will help place individuals in a team if required
- ELEMENTARY: Each team can have 5 students from grades 3, 4, or 5
- MIDDLE: Each team can have 5 students from grades 6, 7, or 8
- The Speed Round consists of 100 problems in 60 minutes. Students are required to work on their own, and each student's individual score contributes 5% to the overall team score
- The Accuracy Round consists of 25 problems in 60 minutes. Students are required to work on their own, and each student's individual score contributes 10% to the overall team score
- The team event consists of 10 problems in 30 minutes. Students may work with their teams to solve questions and the team's performance in this event contributes 25% to the overall team score.
Tie Breaker Event
- In case of a tie, we will invite the individuals for a tie-breaker event to be held on May 18th 2019.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
- Calculators and other electronics are not permitted.
- Graph papers, rulers, protractors, and other geometrical instruments are unnecessary and therefore not allowed.