Camp Theta: Geometry
At Camp Theta, students will explore mathematical ideas focused on Geometry.
They will be exposed to a wide range of new mathematical knowledge and a deeper level of understanding in a collaborative environment. The curriculum is designed to include problems from various prestigious national and international math contests. The students will attend lectures, learn problem solving techniques, and work creatively and enthusiastically to tackle challenging problems.
Dates: July 08 - July 26 [3 weeks].
- Level 1 :
- Area and Perimeter
- Types of Triangles
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Right Triangles
- Introduction to 3D Geometry
- Level 2 :
- Review of Level 1 Concepts
- Similar Triangles
- Problem Solving using area and height of triangles
- Arc length and Area of Sectors
- Area of Overlapping Complex Regular Shapes
- Level 3 :
- Similar Triangles
- Special Properties of Triangles
- Centroid, Orthocenter, Incenter and Medians
- Angle Bisector Theorem
- Coordinate Geometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Level 4 :
- Law of Sines and Cosines
- Half Angle Formula
- Mass Point
- Collinearity and Concurrency
- Ceva’s and Menelaus
- 3D Geometry
- Level 5 :
- Nine Point Circle
- Analytical Geometry
- Campers will be grouped based on assessments into five different levels before the start of the camp and may be moved from one to the other based on their progress during the camp.
- The concepts will be covered at different depth based on the student's comfort level.
- $600 for full day session (without extended care)
- $650 for full day session (with extended care)
- $400 for half day session (1st half - Geometry)
- $300 for half day session (2nd half - Contest Preparation)
- 5% discount in monthly tuition fee & accelerator program per week of full day camp (e.g. 15% if enrolled in camp Theta)
- Discount starts on 1st of the month after receipt of full payment (e.g. full payment received on Feb 15, discount starts on Mar 1st
- Discount ends in the month of December 2019
- Additional 10% discount in monthly tuition fee if enrolled for 8 weeks of full day camp
- 90% if canceled before 05/01/2019
- 80% if canceled on or after 05/01/2019
- No Refund if requested after 06/08/2019
Please do not enroll before you are sure about attending the camp.