Camp Epsilon: Counting And Probability
At Camp Epsilon, students will explore mathematical ideas focused on Counting and Probability.
They will be exposed to a wide range of new mathematical knowledge and a deeper level of understanding in a collaborative environment. The curriculum is designed to include problems from various prestigious national and international math contests. The students will attend lectures, learn problem solving techniques, and work creatively and enthusiastically to tackle challenging problems.
Dates: July 27 - Aug 07 [2 weeks].
- Level 1 :
- Counting Numbers
- Venn Diagrams
- The Multiplication Principle
- Complementary Counting
- Basic Probability
- Level 2 :
- Review of Level 1 Concepts
- Pascal's Triangle
- Basic Probibility Techniques
- Level 3 :
- Review of Level 2 Concepts
- Harder Combination Problems
- Stars and Bars
- Expected Value
- Binomial Theorem
- Level 4 :
- Review of Level 3 Concepts
- Principle of Inclusion - Exclusion
- Conditional Probability
- Constructive Counting
- Level 5 :
- Fibonacci Numbers
- Combinatorial Identities
- Generating Functions
- Campers will be grouped based on assessments into five different levels before the start of the camp and may be moved from one to the other based on their progress during the camp.
- The concepts will be covered at different depth based on the student's comfort level.
- $600 for full day session (without extended care)
- $650 for full day session (with extended care)
- $400 for half day session (1st half - Counting and Probability)
- $400 for half day session (2nd half - Contest Preparation)
- 5% discount in monthly tuition fee & accelerator program per week of full day camp (e.g. 15% if enrolled in camp Theta)
- Discount starts on 1st of the month after receipt of full payment (e.g. full payment received on Feb 15, discount starts on Mar 1st
- Discount ends in the month of December 2020
- Additional 10% discount in monthly tuition fee if enrolled for 8 weeks of full day camp
- 90% if canceled before 05/01/2020
- 80% if canceled on or after 05/01/2020
- No Refund if requested after 06/08/2020
Please do not enroll before you are sure about attending the camp.