AP Calculus BC
Our goal is to enable our students succeed in rigorous Calculus & Physics classes such as F=ma & USAPHO. The curriculum covers topics from AP Calculus BC.
Session 1: June 8 - July 3, 2020.
Session 2: July 13 - August 7, 2020.
All sessions will run Monday to Friday, 1:00pm to 4:00pm PST.
- Precalculus review: Functions, inverse functions, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric functions
- Limits and Continuity: Concept of limit, finding limits graphically, the limit laws, evaluating limits, the squeeze theorem, continuity and discontinuity, infinite limits and indeterminate forms
- Derivatives: Understanding the derivative, using the derivative, some special derivatives, the power rule, the product and quotient rules, the chain rule, derivatives of trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions, inverse functions, inverse trigonometric functions, L'hospital's rule, implicit differentiation
- Applications of Differentiation: Position and velocity, linear approximation and newton's method, optimization, related rates, tangents and normal, increasing and decreasing functions, concave and convex functions, asymptotes, indeterminate quotients and L'hospital's rule
- Integration: Antiderivatives, integration by substitution, the fundamental theorem of calculus, integration by parts, numerical integration, trigonometric substitution
- Application of Integration: Motion, finding the area between two curves, average value of a function, finding volumes using cross-sections, disks and washers, shells, work, center of mass, moment of inertia, arc length
- Diff. Equations: Separable Differential Equations, Direction Fields, Growth and Decay, Euler's Method
- Sequences and series: Sequences, Infinite Series, The Integral Test and p-Series, Convergence and Divergence, Polynomial approximation, Taylor and Maclaurin Series, Power Series
- $1600 for Session 1 (June 8 - July 3, 2020).
- $1600 for Session 2 (July 13 - August 7, 2020).
- The discounts are only applicable in the tuition fee for regular classes and accelerator program (practice sessions) till December 2020
- 10% discount in monthly tuition fee & accelerator program
- Discount starts on 1st of the month after receipt of full payment (e.g. full payment received on February 15, discount starts on March 1st
- Discount ends in the month of December 2020
- 80% of camp fee paid (discounts provided would also be deducted)